[OpenBIOS] Sparc64 OpenBIOS

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Mon Nov 16 15:42:25 CET 2009

> Ah - cool. What I'd suggest doing is, right after getting to the ok
> prompt on boot -H:
>
> ok see do-boot

Hmmm...not really working for me.  I don't know that I'm actually at the "ok" prompt - I see the word "ok" output to the screen, but the prompt is actually "0> " and not okay.  When I try "see do-boot", I get "do-boot: undefined word."  Furthermore, almost none of the other commands work, either - get-bootdev, load-pkg, etc., all return "undefined word."

Just to make sure I didn't leave anything out before, I'm running qemu-system-sparc64 (from the Qemu git repo), using OpenBIOS built from the svn repository.  If there's something else I should be trying, please let me know.

Thanks,
Nick

> What you should see is something like what's in the boot.fth from
> opensolaris:
> http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/psm/stand/bootb
> lks/common/boot.fth
>
>     657 : do-boot ( -- )
>     658    parse-bootargs
>     659    halt?  if
>     660       ." Halted with -H flag. " cr
>     661       exit
>     662    then
>     663    get-bootdev
>     664    load-pkg
>     665    mount-root
>     666    zflag?  nested? invert  and  if
>     667       fs-name$  open-zfs-fs
>     668    then
>     669    load-file                        ( virt )
>     670    setup-props
>     671    exec-file                        (  )
>     672 ;
>
> So, we've already parsed bootargs, let's do the rest of the method
> manually (skipping zflag stuff, because I presume on a cdrom you don't
> have zfs).
>
> ok false to halt?      \ undo the -H flag just for the heck of it
> ok get-bootdev
> ok load-pkg
> ok mount-root
> ok load-file
> ok setup-props
> ok exec-file
>
> Somewhere in there you'll see failures, which will give you a better
> feel for what's going wrong. Once you figure out which one it is, repeat
> the process, but manually executing the method which caused problems.
> This would be easier with a debugger, but it's still possible without it.

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.