[OpenBIOS] PATCH: Reworked version of Forth Source debugger

Blue Swirl blauwirbel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 17:30:49 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland
<mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Please find attached the latest version of my Forth source debugger patch
> which I believe is ready for commit review. This patch implements the
> following Forth words:
>
>    debug <xt> - Mark word for debugging
>    debug-off  - Unmark all words for debugging
>    resume     - Return from subordinate Forth interpreter
>
> The source debugger also implements the following commands when it has been
> activated:
>
>    Up - Unmark current word for debugging, mark parent and continue
>    Down - Mark next word for debugging
>    Trace - Continue execution until end of word displaying
>            debug information
>    Rstack - Display contents of the Rstack
>    Forth - Launch subordinate Forth interpreter

Nice work! This passes my tests and I didn't see any performance problems.

I know we don't have much user documentation, but I think the debugger
deserves something (for example your description above). Otherwise the
users won't find this. The documentation can be added later, though.