[OpenBIOS] PATCH: Implement Forth source debugger for OpenBIOS

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sun Nov 1 23:22:34 CET 2009

Laurent Vivier wrote:

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for testing.

> I test this with obj-ppc/openbios-qemu.elf
> and ./ppc-softmmu/qemu-system-ppc
>
>> 0 > : bar ." test " ;  ok
>> 0 > debug bar
>> Stepper keys: <space>/<enter> Up Down Trace Rstack Forth
>>   ok
>
> I don't have this.
>
>> 0 > bar
>
> It hangs here for me.

Hmmmm it looks as if the output from the printk() isn't making it to the
screen when being run from a graphical terminal. You can tell this by
pressing 't' (trace) when you run "bar" and it will return back to the
Forth prompt. I'm not sure why this is the case at the moment.

> If I test this with -nographic", on "debug bar", I have the :
>
> ">> Stepper keys: <space>/<enter> Up Down Trace Rstack Forth
>  ok
>
> But then on "bar" I have an infinite loop displaying:
>
> ">> Stepper keys: <space>/<enter> Up Down Trace Rstack Forth
> "

Yeah - I've already found and fixed this one while I've been testing
with -nographic on sparc64. Please try the revised v2 patch attached
instead which should solve the issue for you.