[OpenBIOS] [Qemu-devel] svn 6658 broke powerpc.

Anthony Liguori anthony at codemonkey.ws
Fri Mar 27 20:41:31 CET 2009

Blue Swirl wrote:
> Technically the best solution would be to introduce a stable tree also
> to OpenBIOS like Qemu. But OpenBIOS development is not as fast paced
> as Qemu, so I'm not sure if it's worth the effort.
>
> I can commit the latest version to Qemu SVN and if there are no
> issues, update the version in stable before release.

It's your call.

For bochs, we have a patch queue built in pc-bios.  For stable, I'd add
individual patches that fix issues if they came up.  I generally
wouldn't update to a newer bochs SVN though b/c bochs has a bad habit of
breaking things upstream.

So two options would be to include a new OpenBIOS version or just apply
the patches that you think are important.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori