[OpenBIOS] [Qemu-devel] svn 6658 broke powerpc.

Anthony Liguori anthony at codemonkey.ws
Wed Mar 25 03:50:45 CET 2009

Anthony Liguori wrote:
> IANAL, but from the FSF GPL FAQ, you just have to make sure the source
> code is available.  Since Blue Swirl is an Open BIOS maintainer, I
> think we can say with confidence that the openbios code will always be
> available.  If that situation changed for some reason, we'd have to
> mirror their code.

Specifically:

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#SourceAndBinaryOnDifferentSites

Not too long ago, I went through and attempted to make sure the
instructions in pc-bios/README were very clear how to obtain the sources
for the binaries we ship.  Patches are always welcome if people think
they need clarification.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori