[OpenBIOS] Diagnostics support

Blue Swirl blauwirbel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 19:02:16 CET 2009

On 3/19/09, Robert Reif <reif at earthlink.net> wrote:
> How much diagnostics support is already in OpenBIOS and what would it take
> to add something like sun's OBDiag.

Very little to none. If you mean something like this:

http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/openboot/browser/obp/os/bootprom/diagmode.fth

it would mean touching a lot of places.

>  Has anyone ever tried running a sparc32 OpenBIOS image on real hardware?

This has been on my TODO for a long time. Standard image will fail, it
probes for QEMU. But it should be possible to create a special entry.S
for real hardware. There are some other places where we just use the
Qemu facilities directly without probing for the real alternative,
these should be fixed.