[OpenBIOS] Removing warnings

Blue Swirl blauwirbel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 14:40:32 CET 2009

On 1/11/09, Laurent Vivier <laurent at lvivier.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I don't like to have warnings in build.log, but sometime I don't remember
> to check the logs.
>
>  I'm wondering if it is acceptable to add "-Werror" in CCFLAGS ?

There are still some strange warnings on amd64 build:

kernel/bootstrap.c: In function 'segv_handler':
kernel/bootstrap.c:799: warning: format '%llx' expects type 'long long
unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'cell'
kernel/bootstrap.c:799: warning: format '%llx' expects type 'long long
unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'ucell'
kernel/bootstrap.c:799: warning: format '%llx' expects type 'long long
unsigned int', but argument 6 has type 'long unsigned int'
kernel/bootstrap.c:801: warning: format '%llx' expects type 'long long
unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'ucell'
kernel/bootstrap.c: In function 'exception':
kernel/bootstrap.c:839: warning: format '%lld' expects type 'long long
int', but argument 2 has type 'cell'

kernel/dict.c: In function 'dump_header':
kernel/dict.c:122: warning: format '%0llx' expects type 'long long
unsigned int', but argument 2 has type 'ucell'

kernel/stack.c: In function 'printdstack':
kernel/stack.c:28: warning: format '%llx' expects type 'long long
unsigned int', but argument 2 has type 'long int'

kernel/stack.c: In function 'printrstack':
kernel/stack.c:39: warning: format '%llx' expects type 'long long
unsigned int', but argument 2 has type 'long int'

kernel/dict.c: In function 'dump_header':
kernel/dict.c:122: warning: format '%0llx' expects type 'long long
unsigned int', but argument 2 has type 'ucell'

This is because FMT_CELL does not match what is needed to print
uint64_t (defined by host headers for bootstrap and by our headers for
target compile). It's a bit tricky to get it right, I thought I fixed
it already.