[OpenBIOS] [Qemu-devel] How are we looking for a release?

Anthony Liguori anthony at codemonkey.ws
Fri Feb 27 22:01:17 CET 2009

Blue Swirl wrote:
> On 2/27/09, Anthony Liguori <anthony at codemonkey.ws> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I wanted to see how we look from a release perspective.  For x86, I think
>> things are looking pretty good.  There are a couple outstanding patches that
>> need more review (like the CVE fix) but I think we'll be ready in a few
>> days.
>>
>>  How are the other architectures looking?  Are there any major bug fixes
>> people are working on?  PPC is now fully converted to OpenBIOS, right?
>>

> Yes, except for PREP.

Is anyone working on converting PREP?  Any ETA?

> There are recent patches to make PPC64 work that should be committed
> in the coming days. That would be a nice addition but not critical.
>
> We have also discussed about making also an OpenBIOS (1.0) release,
> the previous release candidate (1.0RC1) is more than year old. It
> would be great to release Qemu with 1.0 OpenBIOS.

It would be great to have a 1.0 release for our release, but do you have
an ETA on when that would be?  It would be very good to get out a QEMU
release within the next few days to match up with the upcoming set of
distro releases.

And if things are moving quickly, we certainly have the ability to do
releases every 3 months instead of every 6.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori