[OpenBIOS] [coreboot] OpenBIOS SVN r416 breaks coreboot-v3

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 13:31:43 CET 2009

Blue Swirl wrote:

> Thanks for testing, I applied the patch. Does this mean that QEMU SVN
> (without any patches) can boot current Coreboot with OpenBIOS?

Just a FYI: this still doesn't work with latest SVN
Qemu/OpenBIOS/coreboot-v3 on x86_64. By adding some debug output in
drivers/pci.c, I can see that io_base is now set to 0x1400 which must
now clash with something else in Qemu.

Unfortunately I think that the reason I initially reported this worked
was due to a local merge which I didn't notice in my local copy.
However, I can get this to boot if I change the following line in
drivers/pci.c from:

io_base = arch->io_base + 0x400;

to:

io_base = arch->io_base;

This drops io_base back down to 0x1000 and this seems good enough to
allow Qemu to boot. So if this is required for PPC, perhaps one of the
addresses in either the x86/PPC PCI address structure is wrong?

Mark Cave-Ayland
T: +44 870 608 0063