[OpenBIOS] How does one use the partition access functions

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Feb 9 19:44:49 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 07:11:26PM +0100, Laurent Vivier wrote:
> I think you don't have to do this from qemu/main.c but from modules/
> mac-parts.c.
>
> In m	acparts_open(), if partnum is missing, you have to search for a
> bootable partition.

I thought qemu/main.c was in charge of doing the boot selection.  Have I
misunderstood something there?  I am finding no way to get mac specific
partition data from qemu/main.c though.

Looking at macparts_open, it dpes appear one can pass in a partition to
open, but I don't see how that has anything to do with making it select
a partition to boot from, or even doing this boot.

After all I want to detect a mac partition table, check if it has a
bootable partition flagged, and then check the boot parameters of that
partition, and load the specified boot code and execute it if found.  I
just can't quite tell yet if qemu/main.c is in charge of looking at
partitions and deciding what to boot, or if the act of doing an open on
the hd is what should cause booting to happen.

--
Len Sorensen