[OpenBIOS] Faulty Qemu SPARC64 IDE emulation?

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Thu Dec 10 22:22:15 CET 2009

> Ide emulation issue is not on qemu list yet. From what I see here it
> is not really a driver implementation fault because driver callback
> gets bogus pointer. Probably this is caused by some clash with low
> memory location where device i/o space is mapped.

Pardon my ignorance, but are you saying that Qemu is throwing a bogus pointer back to OpenBIOS, or that there's something wrong with OpenBIOS that's requesting the wrong memory location?  So is it worth opening a thread on the qemu-devel list, or is everyone who needs to work the problem already on this list?

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.