[OpenBIOS] Faulty Qemu SPARC64 IDE emulation?

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Thu Dec 10 17:02:21 CET 2009

> Please try this patch as well, helps clearing a few subtle memory issues.
>
> openbios-forth-package-prevent-null-dereferences
>
> - Prevent dereferencing page zero and complain about invalid handles

If I understood correctly, this patch was not intended to fix the SPARC64 IDE emulation error, but, just to make sure, I don't see any improved behavior with this patch.  I see a couple of call-method outputs to the screen as qemu is starting up (before the 0> prompt), but that's about it.

Also, has anyone thrown this issue up on the qemu-devel list, yet?  I didn't see anything out there, yet, but may have missed it and was wondering if someone else was already working on getting it posted over there?  If not, I'll be happy to kick off the thread on that list and provide some details to the Qemu developers.

-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.