[OpenBIOS] Faulty Qemu SPARC64 IDE emulation?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 22:47:03 CET 2009

Igor Kovalenko wrote:

> Well qemu's crash is a bug in qemu for sure. The garbage being written
> is probably due to device i/o mapping issues (could clash with
> physical ram mapped low) so is separate issue. Of course we will need
> to solve both :)
> Do you see screen garbage before crash?

Yeah; a keyboard command error and a single letter "s" with -nographic:

qemu: unsupported keyboard cmd=0x57
sSegmentation fault

The segmentation fault is actually the Qemu host process dying. The VNC
display looks more interesting; it seems that something is writing all
over the screen memory just before the crash happens.

I believe from Nick's email that he can also recreate this using latest
OpenBIOS SVN, a recent pull of Qemu and a Milax 0.3.2 ISO image.

HTH,