[OpenBIOS] Milax and the alarm word

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 10:40:49 CET 2009

Nick Couchman wrote:

>> I suspect it's not failing *before* checking for -H, just that the check
>> isn't working.

Ah okay - is this a bug in the OpenBIOS implementation? My process for
debugging so far has been to turn off autoboot in OpenBIOS and then
stick a breakpoint on one of the CIF methods and go from there; however
this method seems much better!

>> Try creating a property in chosen called "bootargs" containing "-H"
>> before giving the boot command. Maybe OpenBios is doing something
>> different with boot arguments. E.g.:
>>
>> ok dev /chosen
>> ok " -H" encode-string " bootargs" property
>> ok boot <stuff>
>
> Aha!  Worked great!  Now I can do debug do-boot.  However, once I've created this and set up the debugging, how do I clear it out so that it doesn't halt the do-boot process?

I think you should be able to clear it (set it to an empty string) with:

dev /chosen
" " encode-string " bootargs" property

followed by:

boot cdrom