[OpenBIOS] Milax and the alarm word

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 02:21:53 CET 2009

Hi all,

With the previous commit, I seem to be getting to the point where files
are now being read from the ISO into memory. However, on Milax things
are still failing because the Fcode tries to set up a callback function
repeated every second using the "alarm" word.

Does SPARC64 have a way of counting elapsed time (some kind of clock
tick register) so that it would be possible to measure this in the main
loop? Or alternatively set up some kind of timer interrupt after X ms?

Incidentally I notice that the latest Solaris code doesn't seem to use
alarm anymore; Nick - does your Nevada boot get any further with current
OpenBIOS SVN?