[OpenBIOS] r640 - trunk/openbios-devel/arch/sparc64

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Sat Dec 5 14:44:21 CET 2009

Hi,

Just updated to this revision from r636 and did a `make`:

Building OpenBIOS for ppc sparc32 sparc64
Building...error:
   GEN   openbios.dict
  undefined word.
make[1]: *** [openbios.dict] Error 1
error:
   GEN   openbios.dict
  undefined word.
make[1]: *** [openbios.dict] Error 1
error:
   GEN   openbios.dict
  undefined word.
make[1]: *** [openbios.dict] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 1

After `make clean` it worked fine.

Could there be something wrong with the dependency modelling?

In obj-sparc32/rules.mak I found this line:
bootstrap-DICTIONARY:=$(bootstrap-DICTIONARY) $(SRCDIR)/forth/
bootstrap/start.fs
But I believe bootstrap.dict should also depend on $(SRCDIR)/forth/
bootstrap/bootstrap.fs, which was modified in r638. After a switch-
arch, it is then rebuilt before openbios.dict. See attached patch.

However, there are some more .fs files in the forth/bootstrap folder
that are not referenced in build.xml. Should all such files be added
to the build.xml file in their folder, or are they / should they be
referenced from somewhere else?

Andreas