[OpenBIOS] Support for Acer Aspire 3680?

Daniel Levine dlev89 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 03:16:05 CET 2008

Are Acer Aspire series laptops such as the 3680 currently supported by
OpenBIOS? As the 3680's BIOS is limited in functionality and very
buggy, I'm looking for alternatives to it, and Coreboot, which appears
largely Linux-centric, isn't looking so great. (I'm trying to get
FreeBSD running on the laptop, and being hampered by the buggy BIOS.)

As for the laptop's hardware:

 - Northbridge is Intel 945GM. Is this supported?

 - Southbridge is Intel ICH7. This I'm more concerned about, as
Coreboot support for it seems to be still in development. Is this
supported by OpenBIOS, or should I be looking at Coreboot snapshots
instead?

Thanks, and apologies if I've got the wrong mailing list - this looked
as good a place as any to ask end-user questions about OpenBIOS.