[OpenBIOS] Commit policy (Was: openfirmware entrypoint on i386)

Torsten Duwe duwe at lst.de
Mon Jan 28 11:47:01 CET 2008

On Monday 28 January 2008, jakllsch at kollasch.net wrote:

> I've been trying to run the hello.elf example.  I have trouble
>
> ok report-disk
> ok boot /pci/pci-ide at 1,1/ide at 0/disk at 0:\hello.elf
> Boot device: /pci/pci-ide at 1,1/ide at 0/disk at 0:\hello.elf
> Unimplemented package interface procedure

> Anyway, tips on this would be appreciated.

I've had the same problem, and solved it (look for "... virtual mode"
2007-10-08 in the archives). However, the commit procedure to OFW is somehow
unclear, at least to me. Currently, only Mitch commits to the x86 part of
OFW, and blueswirl hacks on sparc -- any others?

Mitch, do you insist on checking all patches to the x86 part yourself, or do
you allow commits by others? One Ack or two? Or must we split/branch the
repository for OFW as coreboot payload?

	Torsten