[OpenBIOS] openbios compile issue, goal = solaris 8/9 (sparc64) under qemu

Kristian Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Wed May 2 22:03:38 CEST 2007

Blue Swirl wrote:
> This would be a cross-compiler for Sparc64 target. Sparc64 emulation
> is not usable for anything yet, please try configuring for Sparc32
> instead. That in turn needs sparc-linux-gcc, a cross compiler for
> Sparc32. If you have access to a Sparc machine (real or Qemu one), you
> can compile there with a regular gcc.

For what I need to test, I must use Solaris 8/9 on sparc64.  sparc32 is
not supported, as this is software which hooks kernel system calls.

So, why is sparc64 unusable, and what are the barriers to creating a
fully usable sparc64 emulator which can run Solaris 8/9 (sparc64)?  ie,
how far away is it and what resources are lacking?
--
Kristian Hermansen