[OpenBIOS] [Qemu-devel] Re: What is the current support state for Sparc emulation

Blue Swirl blauwirbel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 20:46:16 CEST 2007

On 7/19/07, spectral at op.pl <spectral at op.pl> wrote:
> Unhandled Exception 0x00000007
>   PC = 0xffd0a55c NPC = 0xffd09374
>     Stopping execution
>
> So this is my report, I hope it can be of some use. I'll try to boot sparc version of OpenSolaris soon and I'l let you know how it went.

Thanks for the report. Exception 7 is unaligned access, support for
detection of unaligned accesses in QEMU was improved recently.

The exception happens inside OpenBIOS:
0xffd0a55c is in lstore (kernel/forth.c:649).
644
645     static void lstore(void)
646     {
647             const u32 *aaddr = (u32 *)cell2pointer(POP());
648             const u32 longval = POP();
649             write_long(aaddr, longval);
650     }

Maybe write_long should handle unaligned addresses?