[OpenBIOS] Filo problems booting El Torito (LiveCD) CD-ROMS?

roger roger at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 30 22:44:53 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 11:01 +0100, Torsten Duwe wrote:
> That doesn't look too bad. DVD was found and el Torrito recognised.
> However, besides the menu thing that hardly anyone uses, there's 3 and
> a half
> different ways to boot el Torrito: Floppy emulation, hard disk
> emulation
> and "No Emulation", the latter with some BIOSes loading the whole
> file
> specified, and others only the first 2k block.

Just trying to test the bootable cdrom feature, and I don't have any
"disk emulation" cdroms around!  I think almost all of mine use "floppy
disk emulation" (aka LiveCD).

Should we plan configuring Grub with a entry to boot cdrom's using
"Smart Boot Manager"?

ie.

/boot/grub/grub.conf
title Smart Boot Manager
root (hd1,7)
kernel /boot/memdisk vga=0x0301
initrd /boot/sbm.img

Or would coding Filo to include "floppy disk emulation" in the works?

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Tue Jan 30 13:44:51 PST 2007