[OpenBIOS] FCode Limit (Was:Dictionary size limit per deviceinstance)

Tarl Neustaedter Tarl.Neustaedter at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 29 20:09:45 CEST 2007

Asif Haswarey wrote:
[...]
> Very unfortunate if the IEEE-1275 Std. never gets updated,

Unfortunately, the status of IEEE-1275 is "obsolete" (the official
term is "withdrawn"). It's an annoyance because it means getting
new copies of the publication is harder.

Lessee. According to IEEE:

    No longer endorsed by the IEEE.

IEEE requires the standards be re-affirmed and re-published
every several years (I think it's five years), and the last
time, there simply was no longer enough industry interest to
warrant republishing the standard (or so I'm informed). So
the last one published was IEEE Std 1275-1994, and it no longer
has the status of an active standard.

It would be good if openbios participants revived the standard,
but it takes a lot of effort.