[OpenBIOS] SUN OBP source code released

Blue Swirl blueswir1 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 10 22:25:21 CEST 2006

>   SUN has released (under BSD license I believe), the source
>code for their OpenBoot (OPB). This includes the forth programs
>for many of their sun machines.

The mode of operation in this version is that OBP talks to a hypervisor, it
does not access hardware directly. So for example the low level code could
be used in making OpenBIOS run on top of the hypervisor, but would this be
useful? Higher level code could be used elsewhere, but I'm no Forth expert.

The hypervisor sources are very Niagara-specific.

Actually I don't know what to do with this otherwise very nice package.