[OpenBIOS] Sparc device tree fixed

Blue Swirl blueswir1 at hotmail.com
Sat May 27 13:06:03 CEST 2006

I finally remembered one trick I did in Proll, zs at 0,0 must be after the
other zs node. This helped OpenBIOS also, now we get command prompt in Qemu
sparc-test using unbuffered Forth tree.

We can also bump the Prom version to 3, which was not possible before due to
mixed trees (inst2pkg didn't work with Proll ids).

Available memory length was not correct, and that caused memory corruption
problems.

Trying to boot from :d partition helps NetBSD booting.

The ESP fix is related to new SCSI handling code in Qemu CVS.

In my CD booting tests OpenBIOS matches Proll performance now, except Aurora
1.0 doesn't recognise the CDROM. The missing features remaining are
graphical console, SMP support (easy, but didn't work in Proll either) and
TFTP net booting (not very useful).

http://search.msn.com/