[OpenBIOS] Sparc progress, sort of

Blue Swirl blueswir1 at hotmail.com
Tue May 23 20:44:43 CEST 2006

I noticed that when using the preloaded kernel, the kernel has 4 bytes
memory corruption at address 0xf001000c (physical 0x1000c). The corrupting
value is 0x7ffffffff, MAXINT. If I restore the original value manually from
gdb session, Linux boots much better. I haven't yet found where the
corruption happens.

I made a dirty (don't commit this) version which takes the hardcoded prom
tree and tree browsing functions from Proll. If OLD_OBP is enabled, the
version can boot Linux as well as Proll/Qemu can at the moment, meaning that
we can reach the userland installer without any faults. There could be bugs
in the Forth-based tree, or maybe calling Forth is not working so well after
Linux has started doing more things.