[OpenBIOS] old shoes vs new shoes.

Asif Haswarey asif.haswarey at qlogic.com
Tue May 23 19:53:12 CEST 2006

My 2 pennies,

I know EFI device driver developers here at work and
I know for sure that among other things EFI's debugging
framework is not as powerful as OpenFirmware. Heck! you
can literally _interactively_ develope an FCode driver in
OpenFirmware. This you cannot do in EFI.
Perhaps OpenBIOS will be to EFI/x86Bios, what Linux is
to Windows today. We'll find out within the next ~5 years.
Asif Haswarey
C1069W
QLogic Corporation
26650 Aliso Viejo Parkway