[OpenBIOS] old shoes vs new shoes.

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue May 23 18:42:26 CEST 2006

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some voices whisper that EFI programs are so much easier and simpler
> than Open Firmware. I am not making any statement but let you, much
> valued readers, decide here:
>
>   http://www.osxbook.com/book/bonus/chapter4/efiprogramming/

yes, but EFI is such a powerful operating system! And, fortunately, the
API is totally new and incompatible with EVERYTHING, and it's not a very
good API, so we get the benefit of having to learn a whole new api, with
a special toolchain, that is useless for everything else we do.

I am sure I have not listed all the benefits of this new EFI operating
system :-)
ron