[OpenBIOS] Sparc updates

Blue Swirl blueswir1 at hotmail.com
Sun May 14 21:33:24 CEST 2006

I added a.out executable format support, which is used for prom-bootable
files.

Now SILO loads if a complete file is given as hda. There are problems with
device opening and block loading, and the partition offset has no effect. We
also need to support the ancient sd(controller, unit, lun) syntax.

3 > boot disk
[sparc] Booting file 'disk' with parameters '<NULL>'
Unknown filesystem type
Not a bootable ELF image
Unknown filesystem type
Not a Linux kernel image
Unknown filesystem type
Loaded 96912 bytes
entry point is 0x4000
Jumping to entry point...
SILO
No config file loaded, you can boot just from this command line
Type [prompath;]part/path_to_image [parameters] on the prompt
E.g. /iommu/sbus/espdma/esp/sd at 3,0;4/vmlinux root=/dev/sda4
or 2/vmlinux.live (to load vmlinux.live from 2nd partition of boot disk)

Your imagename `:d' and arguments `' have either wrong syntax,
or describe a label which is not present in silo.conf
Type `help' at the boot: prompt if you need it and then try again.
boot: /iommu/sbus/espdma/esp/sd at 2,0;;4/vmlinux

Fatal error: Cannot read partition

Unknown ext2 error

Fatal error: Cannot read partition

Fatal error: Cannot read partition