[OpenBIOS] Sparc32 boots Linux...

Greg Watson g.watson at computer.org
Mon May 8 22:43:15 CEST 2006

OF support for Linux on PPC works by making a copy of the device tree
when it first boots. From then on there are no direct calls made to
OF, only to read values from the copy of the device tree. This will
only work if the OS does not need to make any direct calls to the
BIOS (which Linux doesn't). If Solaris needs to make calls then you
are going to have to implement a mechanism to trap into the BIOS. See
arch/ppc/kernel/prom.c.

Greg