[OpenBIOS] Numerous problems running Makefile for sparc32 target

Blue Swirl blueswir1 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 9 15:42:37 CEST 2006

>1. Permissions in the config/scripts directory do not have execute "x" bit
>set.  I needed to do a
>
>chmod 755 config/scripts/*

They have x bit set in the distribution, maybe there was some error in
unpacking sources?

>2. The Makefile uses $(PWD) which is not available under "sh" shell.  To
>get
>this to work right you apparently need bash shell.  Without it, the line
>
>@ln -s $(PWD)/include/$(ARCH) $(ODIR)/target/include/asm

Would ../../../include/$(ARCH) work?

>3. Even with all that done, I am still getting problems, this time running
>make gives

>obj-sparc32/target/include/asm/types.h:18:20: endian.h: No such file or
>directory

In Linux it's in /usr/include/endian.h. In my opinion it's somewhat unclean
to rely on the OS include headers for a standalone program (unix target case
is different), it should ideally compile with -nostdinc -nostdlib compiler
flags. This could be a major change though.

>4. Now I get
>drivers/iommu.c:15:21: asm/asi.h: No such file or directory

This is caused by the problem #2.

>5. Finally, GCC is picking up on lots of unused variables.  Do we  need to
>review the build.log files and do a bit of spring cleaning ?

Yes, please send the patch :-).