[OpenBIOS] QEMU / OpenBIOS booting SunOS 4.1.3 / 4.1.4

Parag Patel parag at codegen.com
Wed Jun 7 04:17:55 CEST 2006

>>Interesting. Loading the kernel at once. The ELF kernel loads fine, but
>>the CD comes with an a.out kernel that has a wrong "text" size and no
>>data size. Since it loads directly from the CD device as opposed to from
>>a filesystem I have no idea how much data to load and how to parse it.
>>:-(

Oh yeah - SF also has an AOUT loader, and a COFF loader, along with some
dumpaout and dumpcoff (and dumpelf) utils.  They're handy to root around
inside the various files to figure out where stuff needs to be loaded.
(They're under the "exe" dir.)
--
  __
 /__)_ _ _ _    While it may be true that a watched pot never boils, the