[OpenBIOS] Starting QEMU with OpenBIOS for Sparc32

Armistead, Jason Jason.Armistead at otis.com
Wed Jun 7 02:24:06 CEST 2006

Stefan wrote:

>Generally you can start with using http://openbios.org/~stepan/proll.elf
>as a replacement for the default proll.elf file that came with qemu.

Do you keep this proll.elf (which is really OpenBIOS) up to date with the
latest SVN snapshot ?

If not, maybe you could generate a proll-svn.elf file which contains the
latest from SVN for people without access to the cross tools (and leave the
proll.elf as the latest "stable" version)

>NOTE: This one only works with -nographic, as the framebuffer handling
>code keeps most OS boots hanging.

On Windows, starting QEMU with -nographic is not possible because it keeps
on saying

qemu: could not open monitor device 'stdio'

I'm guessing it works OK on Linux and Unix QEMU, but what to do on Windows
where the concept of "stdio" is not as well defined ?  Is there a workaroumd
/ hack for QEMU or something I need to configure on Windows ?

Thanks

Jason