[OpenBIOS] Basic Questions

Fusco, John (GE Healthcare) John.Fusco at med.ge.com
Thu Aug 24 17:12:39 CEST 2006

I have a console with an "ok" prompt that I boot with grub. It's an Intel Westville II motherboard - dual Xeon with 7500 chipset.

Here is where I am stuck. The PCI commands that come with openbios do not comply with the standard, so they are largely undocumented. Looking at the source, I can muddle through although I'm new at Forth. Mabye you can help me with the syntax.

Here is the output from lspci on Linux for Westville:
    $ lspci -n
    00:00.0 0600: 8086:254c (rev 01)

So bus 0 device 0, function 0 has a PCI device. If I read config word zero, I expect something like 8086 or 254c, but what I get is always FFFF. Here is the syntax I am using:

0 0 pci-c@ . ff
0 0 pci-w@ . ffff
0 0 pci-l@ . -1

What am I doing wrong?