[OpenBIOS] [ANNOUNCE] New FCode Suite available!

David L Paktor dlpaktor at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 17 21:29:37 CEST 2006

http://www.openbios.org/fcodesuite/Documents/TokenizerNewFeatures.htm

> I want to send a big THANK YOU out to David Paktor at this point.
>
> NOTE: The contributed changes are not in the main repository yet.
> You can download the changed source code and binaries as well as the
> test suite and test results as well as documentation from:
>        http://www.openbios.org/development/fcode.html
>
> Please send any feedback to this mailing list.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Stefan Reinauer
>

> --
> coresystems GmbH • Brahmsstr. 16 • D-79104 Freiburg i. Br.
>       Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613
> Email: info at coresystems.dehttp://www.coresystems.de/
>
> --
> OpenBIOS                 http://openbios.org/
> Free your System - May the Forth be with you

And thank you, Stefan, for your kind words and for the contribution you
made initiating and maintaining
this project and web-site.

 I would like to make two small amendments:

The test suite contains exactly 162 tests.  Still a lot, but let's not
mis-advertise even to a small degree.

Modesty prohibits me from saying much more than this, but I hope a look at
the New Features document,
and at the Test Log files, will suffice to demonstrate that "a couple of
significant improvements"
is very much an understatement...  ;-}

That being said, let me again express my gratitude for the opportunity to
make this contribution to the
Open Firmware community.

My goal was to create a truly professional-grade tool; I look forward to
finding out whether I have achieved it.

-----

David L. Paktor                  System Firmware Developer
System and Technology Group      Global Firmware Division
dlpaktor at us.ibm.com              David L Paktor/Almaden/IBM at IBMUS

18880 Homestead Rd.              Building 9945
Cupertino CA 95014               Room 1026
408-342-6110                     T/L 560-6110

"The Bug Stops Here"