[OpenBIOS] Sparc32 progress

Asif Haswarey asif.haswarey at qlogic.com
Wed Apr 26 22:15:02 CEST 2006

Paul,

I dont have any test docs or drafts for fibre-channel, iSCSI
(and ethernet as well) for OpenBIOS at this point.
Currently I develope FCode for Sun's and IBM's OpenFirmware.
We hired a contractor to port existing FCode to the Apple server.
But it did not get much recognition.

Anyway, it would be awesome if QLogic at first released a
none supported version of FCode for the OpenBIOS/PC platform.
Then when it gets enough recognition from the OpenBIOS community,
I will further endorse QLogic to release supported versions of
fibre-channel, iSCSI and ethernet FCode for OpenBIOS.

Then it would be even more awesome if companies like Dell/HP and
may be even Sun and IBM realized the value of OpenBIOS for their
x86 machines. To make this happen, the interest should start somewhere.
I am going to attempt to make QLogic the pioneer in trying OpenBIOS.
Asif Haswarey
C1069W
QLogic Corporation
26650 Aliso Viejo Parkway