[OpenBIOS] Sparc32 progress

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Apr 26 02:12:11 CEST 2006

* Blue Swirl <blueswir1 at hotmail.com> [060425 21:38]:
> 2 > cd /  ok
> 2 > ls
> -2c45e0 aliases
> -2c453c openprom
> -2c42e8 options
> -2c4270 chosen
> -2c418c builtin
> -2bf2f8 packages
> -2bdc38 memory
> -2bdb94 STP1012PGA
> -2bda40 iommu
> ok
> 2 > cd iommu  ok
> 2 > ls
> -2bd9c8 sbus
> ok

Very cool! Did you hardcode the amount of memory or do you probe it from
the emulator?

> Next step would be adding SBus device tree and SCSI devices.

Yes. Most likely other parts of the device tree are missing as well.

> I have to confess that I don't know much Forth except the RPN notation and
> some Sun OBP commands. Can I print the device attributes somehow, like OBP
> .attributes command?

there's

.properties  to show device properties and
ls           to show sub device nodes  and
words        to show methods defined for the current node.

> I can't cd to the STP1012PGA node unless the device is renamed to something
> shorter. Is this a limitation somewhere?

Maybe an unintended one ;) But not a natural limitation. How do you
create the node?

Stefan

--
coresystems GmbH · Brahmsstr. 16 · D-79104 Freiburg i. Br.
      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 · Fax: +49 761 7664613