[OpenBIOS] Restoring BIOS

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Sat Apr 8 15:14:41 CEST 2006

* preet <preet14 at hotmail.com> [060408 08:39]:

> Hi. Recently cleared the BIOS of my Abit IS7-V2 motherboard. And the result
> was my system wont display anything on the screen. I can hear the cpu
> running that is the POST has loaded but not the BIOS. Is that possible that
> the BIOS has completely lost and is there a way to restore it...

Hi Preet!

You can find some information here:
http://www.linuxbios.org/index.php/FAQ#How_do_I_.28re-.29flash_the_BIOS.3F

If you have a working system with a similar/same bios chip, you can do
bios hot swapping and burn it there, but this might damage your
hardware.

Some companies offer bios flash services for a couple of bucks, that
might be a good option for you.

  Stefan