[OpenBIOS] Fw: Found a serious bug in OpenBios Tokenizer

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Thu Mar 10 14:00:45 CET 2005

Hi,

* Mark W Wenning <wenning at us.ibm.com> [050307 17:10]:
> Our "OpenBIOS guy" thinks he found a bug in the tokenizer.
> Can you comment?
> What's the procedure for submitting fixes?

sorry for the late answer. The best way is to enter it as an issue
in the OpenBIOS issue tracker at

    https://www.openbios.org/roundup/openbios/

Or just report it on this mailing list.

> It has to do with  fload ;  When your source  fload s a file, that file is
> supposed to be a continuation of your source-stream.
>
> New definitions, as they are processed in the Tokenizer, are supposed to
> get successive FCode tokens assigned to them, starting at 0x0800.
>
> But when the OpenBios Tokenizer  fload s a new file, it resets the FCode
> token-number, and starts assigning tokens from  0x0800 again.  So if you
> have:

Oops. This is nasty. Thanks for spotting it. I remember resetting the
fcode number to 0x800 to allow multiple files to be tokenized in a row.
Obviously this one sneaked in.

>  I believe that moving that line to the  init_output  routine is sufficient
> to fix this bug.

It is. Commited. See
stepan at openbios.org--devel/openbios--main--1.0--patch-17 and
stepan at openbios.org--devel/openbios--xml--1.0--patch-9