[OpenBIOS] trouble with cygwin

Mark W Wenning wenning at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 24 09:14:10 CET 2005

> at least for Stefan and myself), but gcc+binutils is
> multi-platform and highly configurable. So the question is, how was yours

> configured ? You can get a list by typing "ld --help" and look for the
magic
> word "supported" ;) e.g.:
> "
> ld: supported targets: elf64-x86-64 elf32-i386 a.out-i386-linux
efi-app-ia32
> elf64-little elf64-big elf32-little elf32-big srec symbolsrec tekhex
binary
> ihex
> ld: supported emulations: elf_x86_64 elf_i386 i386linux
> "
> check for elf32-i386

Yup.

ld: supported targets: pe-i386 pei-i386 elf32-i386 elf32-little elf32-big
srec symbolsrec tekhex binary ihex
ld: supported emulations: i386pe
ld: emulation specific options:
i386pe:

I'll try some of your suggestions and see if I can get it going.

> > We thought this would be the easiest way to get our developers going
> > with OpenBIOS as a development simulator...
>
> Sounds like a plan to me. Do you have any further plans to run it on real

> hardware as well ? After all, that's what this is all about.

Absolutely.  Some of my associates (hi Colleen) are going to try to get
this running
on our AIX server this week.

-----
Mark Wenning     wenning at us.ibm.com     1-512-838-6263
Global FirmWare:  Networking and I/O, FC lackey
-----
Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.
 - Anon
-----