[OpenBIOS] trouble with cygwin

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Mon Jan 24 09:08:00 CET 2005

* Mark Wenning <wenning at us.ibm.com> [050124 02:58]:
> cygwin ( http://cygwin.com ) is a linux shell /emulator that runs under
> Windows.  It uses standard gcc and ld ,
> We thought this would be the easiest way to get our developers going
> with OpenBIOS as a development simulator...
> Is anyone out there running OpenBIOS as an application under Windows (XP
> or 2000)?

You might either enable an ELF-Target in your Cygwin gcc/binutils or you
can just disable the target builds (CONFIG_IMAGE_*). Then you only end
up with the "Unix hosted binary" which should also work fine on
Windows/Cygwin. My Windows underwent some user aided self destruction
recently, but I'll have a look as soon as I get to this.

  Stefan