[OpenBIOS] trouble with cygwin

Torsten Duwe duwe at lst.de
Mon Jan 24 07:52:35 CET 2005

On Monday 24 January 2005 02:58, Mark Wenning wrote:
> cygwin ( http://cygwin.com ) is a linux shell /emulator that runs under
> Windows.  It uses standard gcc and ld ,

We know (I can say at least for Stefan and myself), but gcc+binutils is
multi-platform and highly configurable. So the question is, how was yours
configured ? You can get a list by typing "ld --help" and look for the magic
word "supported" ;) e.g.:
"
ld: supported targets: elf64-x86-64 elf32-i386 a.out-i386-linux efi-app-ia32
elf64-little elf64-big elf32-little elf32-big srec symbolsrec tekhex binary
ihex
ld: supported emulations: elf_x86_64 elf_i386 i386linux
"
check for elf32-i386

> We thought this would be the easiest way to get our developers going
> with OpenBIOS as a development simulator...

Sounds like a plan to me. Do you have any further plans to run it on real
hardware as well ? After all, that's what this is all about.

> Is anyone out there running OpenBIOS as an application under Windows (XP
> or 2000)?

Certainly not me.

HTH,

	Torsten