[OpenBIOS] Eizo 630L thin client.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Sat Aug 6 14:36:04 CEST 2005

* Fco .J. Arias <javi at productshome.com> [050719 12:42]:
> Hello, I modified this thin client to run win98 or linux, it becomes
> with windows ce. But bios General software bios  is very bad for PNP,
> and usb, cs5530 udma, sound,acpi, .., don't work. At the moment xpress
> vga, serial, parallel, rs232, lan and other components works ok.
>
> Can I flash bios of this  thinclient (now a useful simple computer, very
> quiet) with OPENBIOS?
>
> Extract actual bios before?

LinuxBIOS has quite some success with CS5530 based systems. Please have
a look at their mailing list archive at
http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/

Once you have LinuxBIOS working, you can also try to add OpenBIOS on top
of it. We can assist you, if you want to try.

Note: it's quite some work to get video output working on the cs553x
since it uses hardware virtualization (vma) for that..  It's doable
though..

Stefan