[OpenBIOS] How to enable print statement in the openbios-kernel?

Swamy at soc-soft.com Swamy at soc-soft.com
Mon Sep 13 19:25:27 CEST 2004

==>So you are not cross compiling?

No, I am using GCC for compilation
 version - gcc-g77-2.96-110

==>So you cannot even build all of openbios on your machine?

When I compile the kernel with option "#define DEBUG_CONSOLE"
(/kernel/include/config.h), it compiles fine.

But, If I add single "printk" statements in the each of the functions
processxt(), next(), enterforth() in the file /kernel/kernel/internal.c
it hangs....

ALSO

If I add DEBUG_INTERPRETER OR DEBUG_INTERNAL it still hangs....the
output I have mailed at the bottom.

==>Where_ does it hang?
-

# make

Welcome to OpenBIOS..

Creating build directory /home/shon/openbios/obj-x86/kernel
Checking types...found 32bit platform, creating "types.h"
Endianess definition: glibc.
Dynamic linker functions provided by libdl

Building common core files for architecture x86
  compiling primitives.c...             ok
  compiling stack.c...                  ok
  compiling dict.c...                   ok
  compiling lib.c...                    ok
  compiling openbios.c...               ok
  compiling bootstrap.c...              ok
  linking bootstrap...          ok

Bootstrapping dictionary...             ok
Building final dictionary...            ok
Building binary converter...            ok

Compiling x86 architecture specific binaries
  assembling mboot.S...                 ok
  compiling multiboot.c...              ok
  assembling boot.S...                  ok
  compiling plainboot.c...              ok
  generating linkable dictionary...     ok
  compiling builtin.c...                ok
  compiling console.c...                ok

Linking:

  native multiboot kernel for grub...   ok
  native kernel (for LinuxBIOS)...      ok
  native kernel with dictionary...      ok

Building files for unix hosted bootstrap
  compiling unix.c...                   ok
  compiling plugins.c...                ok
  linking unix bootstrap...             ok

Building plugins
  compiling loader.c...                 ok

OpenBIOS build finished for platform x86.

Building forth sources:

Adding lib specific forth code to dictionary...       ok
Adding device specific forth code to dictionary...

COMPILATION HANGS AT THIS POSITION..........