[OpenBIOS] Forth code debugging

sachin.b at soc-soft.com sachin.b at soc-soft.com
Thu Oct 14 12:44:44 CEST 2004

Hi Everyone,

I have written some code in forth and trying to integrate it in the

Openbios kernel-1.1.

Build procedures says:

Building final dictionary...            failed

I look into the obj-x86/openfirmware.log for the reasons of failure.

For any undefined reference it straight says "undefined word".

But for some logical errors it sys:

Segmentation violation at 1 (or some address location)

What is this segmentation violation? What information this violation
location gives?

Could any one tell me how to debug code in this environment?

Regards,

Sachin

The information contained in this e-mail message and in any annexure is
confidential to the  recipient and may contain privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the message along with
any annexure. You should not disclose, copy or otherwise use the information contained
in the message or any annexure. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of
SoCrates Software India Pvt Ltd., Bangalore