[OpenBIOS] [announce] OpenBIOS Forth Kernel V1.1
stepan at openbios.org
Mon Oct 13 03:18:29 CEST 2003
Dear OpenBIOS community,
it's time for another update of BeginAgain, the OpenBIOS forth kernel,
and it does deserve version number 1.1
It is available from the OpenBIOS CVS in the directory "kernel/"
or at http://www.openbios.org/bin/kernel-1.1.tar.bz2
Changes since 1.0
- some code optimizations speed BeginAgain up by an average of 20%,
loops are up to 300% faster.
- fixes, cleanups.. IO operations work now, compiling on BSD almost
- new plugin interface allows external plugins to emulate certain
- A PCI plugin allows emulating PCI devices in the Linux/Unix version
- A QT plugin emulates a graphics card providing an 8bit framebuffer.
There's currently no fcode driver yet to drive this framebuffer, but
it can be accessed from forth.
Installation and usage
The beginning of documentation is available at
Any trouble, bugs etc. should be reported to the openbios mailinglist
<openbios at lists.openbios.org>
More information about the OpenBIOS