[OpenBIOS] Tiny Open Firmware

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Sun Feb 23 14:32:56 CET 2003

* Dwight Schauer <das at teegra.net> [030218 11:24]:
> Have any of you looked at TOF?
> TOF is Tiny Open Firmware and can be fount at http://www.tinyboot.com
>
> Tinyboot
> Ultra-flexible firmware through the magic of Forth.
> Tiny Open Firmware (TOF) for Coldfire, 68K and 8031 processors

It's a pretty interesting approach, i've looked at it some time ago.
The code is really small (0,5k for the forth core), but it's coded
in assembler for each of the supported platforms.
TOF has some differences to IEEE 1275-1994, mainly it has less words
and different tokens.
TOF is Public Domain, so we can probably get one or another hint from
the code, if it helps...

  Stefan

--
The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be
regarded as a criminal offense.                      -- E. W. Dijkstra