[OpenBIOS] Re: boy is EFI a kludge!

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Aug 26 17:19:50 CEST 2003

Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> > Ron unless you have something better I'd suggest using one of the
> > upcoming dual Itanium/P4 chipsets as a starting point.  Then you could
> > be certain the chipset worked before on x86 before trying to reverse
> > engineer the cpu initialization for the Itanium...
>
> do we have a vendor name yet?

I have seen reports that both Intel and IBM are working on chipsets
that will support that.   I think the reports were talking many way
SMP but possibly that is because where Itanium is positioned.  This
looks like it may be in the McKinley time frame.  I have a strange
hunch that McKinley will be bus compatible with the P4.  This is what
I am picking up through osmosis reading the reviews.

Eric
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de