[OpenBIOS] FCode Evaluator

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Fri Jun 28 17:07:19 CEST 2002

Hi..

I uploaded a first version of an FCode evaluator written in Forth
to http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/bin/evaluator-20020628.tar.gz
Most of the fcode specific forth words are missing and, like paflof,
this evaluator does not know about instances or different dictionaries
It can execute simple fcode files and it knows how to define named
and external colon definition words, but that's about it.
There's a small readme and a little bit of example code with it.

Any comments and flames are welcome.

If this approach is considered ok, I will go and drop feval from
the CVS and the web pages, as we are equally far (actually a lot
further) with the paflof+evaluator implementation now.

This should be one of the few needed steps to get OpenBIOS towards
the point where it can be flashed to ROM with LinuxBIOS as IPL.

  Stefan

--
The x86 isn't all that complex - it just doesn't make a lot of
sense.          -- Mike Johnson, Leader of 80x86 Design at AMD
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/ - free your system..