[OpenBIOS] ANSI

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Thu Jun 27 15:17:45 CEST 2002

* Segher Boessenkool <segher at chello.nl> [020626 07:57]:
> We'll still need a bootstrap dictionary, although we can distribute
> the more common varieties (correct-endian vs little-endian, 32 or 64 bit)
> in binary form.

Does this work when we are not really relocatable? Different platforms
still have different default load addresses and memory maps. If this can
be solved, it is enough to provide 4 base dictionaries in binary form to
support almost all systems.

  Stefan

--
The x86 isn't all that complex - it just doesn't make a lot of
sense.          -- Mike Johnson, Leader of 80x86 Design at AMD
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/ - free your system..