[OpenBIOS] $find

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Thu Jun 27 14:55:51 CEST 2002

* Segher Boessenkool <segher at chello.nl> [020627 01:47]:
> There's no $FIND listed in 7.3; that's why I thought I could change its semantics,
> but actually it _is_ listed in 5.3 (device interface), so let's not
> confuse things
> by mixing up names :)

good.

> The $FIND I did returns the dictionary flags for the word found, btw;
> that's handy
> for things like INTERPRET etc.

Yes, indeed. I fell over this when I started implementing the Evaluator
in Forth. In my case it's not of such a big help though because I need
to find the flags (and for debugging currently the name's word, too)
There I need to find that information from a given xt. Mapping fcode# to
words names is not an option as those are variable length and would slow
down things even more. Putting the flag as the last byte in the header
would help this, though.

Best regards,
  Stefan Reinauer

--
The x86 isn't all that complex - it just doesn't make a lot of
sense.          -- Mike Johnson, Leader of 80x86 Design at AMD
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/ - free your system..